Akron, OH (August 1, 2023) – The Greater Akron Chamber is thrilled to announce its 2023 30 for the Future award recipients. For 17 years, the Greater Akron Chamber has recognized professionals between the ages of 25-39 who showcase dynamic leadership, diversity, and commitment to this region.
These honorees are celebrated for their impact on our region early in their careers through leadership in their industry, active community engagement, and optimism and vision for what can be in Greater Akron.
On September 14, 2023, the recipients will be honored at Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls at 5:30 p.m. The event will include a networking reception, dinner, and most importantly, an opportunity to learn more about and celebrate these incredible leaders in our region. Event details are available here.
The 2023 30 for the Future award recipients are:
- Tyler Adams, Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio, Vice President of Development
- Tiffany Adjei, Honesty Healthcare LLC, CEO
- Kyle Anderson, MSN, RN, CCRN, NE-BC, Summa Health, Associate Chief Nursing Officer
- Mike Appleman, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED), Director of Primary Care Education
- Rebecca Anne Bandy, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Principal Engineer – Vehicle Dynamics
- Erica Banks, The Well, Akron Food Works Coordinator
- Mar-quetta Boddie, Summit County Continuum of Care, Executive Director
- Rebecca Cool MSW, LSW, Victim Assistance Program, Director of Services
- Michael Daniels, Ph.D., Kent State University, Director, E. Timothy Moore Student Multicultural Center
- Tom Dolezal, FirstEnergy, Consultant
- Sapreea English, Hair Geek Studios, Owner/ Operator
- Brittany Ferguson-Mike, University of Akron, Director, Student Life
- Drew Hall, Habitat for Humanity of Summit County, Vice President & Chief Development Officer
- Amina Hall, Akron Urban League, Vice President of Development and Marketing
- Daniel J. Hampu, Burton D Morgan Foundation, President and CEO
- Emmanuel Hilton, Bounce Innovation Hub, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
- Nathan R. Jarosz, Leadership Influencing Teen Empowerment, Founder/CEO
- Colleen Kelly, Summit County Executive’s Office, Senior Administrator
- Bethany Lawrence, Apple Growth Partners, Business Valuation and Litigation Manager
- Justin Lepley, Lepley & Co., Founder
- Allyse Love, Art x Love, Co-Founder & Chief Operator
- Matt Miles, Oswald Companies, Employee Benefits Advisor
- Dana Mountjoy, Bober Markey Fedorovich, Partner
- Brandyn Neal, Schauer Group, Client Advisor, Risk Management
- Greg Skinner, United Way of Summit & Medina, Associate Vice President, New Business Development
- Kerri Stephen, United Way of Summit and Medina, Chief Development Officer
- Allyson Strickland, Akron Public Schools District, Coordinator
- Amber Toth, Jon Thomas Consulting / The Littlest Heroes, Chief Operating Officer
- Kai Wick, LTA RESEARCH & EXPLORATION, Fabrication Specialist
- Matt Witten, GOJO Industries, Inc., Director of Product Management
“As we think about the future of Greater Akron, we are inspired and energized by the leaders we are recognizing this year,” said Steve Millard, Greater Akron Chamber President and CEO. “Our region’s strength today and into the future relies not only on a talented workforce but, even more so, a strong pipeline of leaders. This year’s honorees demonstrate that this pipeline is robust, ready, and in many cases, already in a position to lead. We have a responsibility to foster these and other leaders to ensure our region is poised for growth. We are honored to celebrate their work and take time to bring business and community leaders together to recognize their accomplishments and vision for the future.”
Recipients are based on several criteria, including their professional accomplishments, leadership, and community service. An independent selection committee of the Greater Akron Chamber selected the 30 finalists from a competitive pool of over 125 leaders, nominated by members of the Greater Akron Chamber and regional profit and non-profit organizations.
The Greater Akron Chamber is a business membership organization serving Summit, Medina, and Portage counties. The Greater Akron Chamber drives economic growth and prosperity for the region by supporting the success of the business community and acting as a convener of stakeholders on key issues facing Greater Akron.